Skip to content (Press Enter)
- 1 tbsp bacon lard
- 1 cup fresh onion finely chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fat (additional)
- 4 tbsp cassava flour
- 1 cup broth
- 1 tsp onion granules/powder
- 1 tsp garlic granules/powder
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 dashes fish sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 1-2 lbs green beans
- 2-3 shallots thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp palm shortening
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat the first measure of fat in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and mushroom. Saute for 5 to 6 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Melt the additional TBSP of fat and stir with the softened veggies.
- Sprinkle the cassava flour over and stir until everything is well coated and the flour begins to brown slightly.
- Slowly add broth, stirring constantly. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and garlic granules/powder, coconut aminos, coconut milk, and fish sauce.
- Cook an additional minute or two.
- Fold in the green beans.
- Transfer mixture baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While it's baking, thinly slice the shallots for the topping and set aside. Melt the palm shortening in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add shallots to the oil and fry until golden brown and crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt. Place shallots on casserole.